Factory resetting your device solves a number of problems. From inexplicable battery issues to performance lags, factory reset is one of the last solutions that a user is recommended before actually going to an expert or a help center. If you are wondering how to factory reset Windows 10 Mobile powered devices for a renewed experience, here are the easy few steps.
How to factory reset Windows 10 Mobile devices:
If you need to factory reset your Windows powered device, it can be done in a few simple steps. Please note, however, that a hard reset erases all the data present on your Lumia device. The process restores your phone to a state of a new device, setting it back to the default configurations. Make sure that you create a backup of your data before proceeding.
- Go to Settings > System > About > Reset your phone.
However, if you can\’t access this option or if your Windows 10 Mobile device is stuck, following are the steps to hard reset your Lumia device.
- Turn off your Lumia smartphone.
- Hold down Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for about 15 seconds until your phone vibrates. If it switches back on, repeat the step.
- When you feel the vibration, release the Power key, but keep on holding the Volume Down button.
- You will next see an exclamation mark on the screen of your Lumia device.
- Press Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power keys.
- Your Lumia device will now reset to the factory settings.
– Relevant news and updates:
- Nearly 40% of Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before its Public Launch
- First Major Windows 10 Update Hits Microsoft Lumia Devices
- How to Remove Default Apps in Windows 10 – Guide
- Microsoft Responds to Pushy Windows 10 Notifications; Claims It’ll Never Force Users
- How to Sync Android or iOS Devices with Your Windows 10 PC
- How to Have Quick and Easy Access to Your Favorite Content – Windows 10 Tips